Monday, March 22, 2010

Ode to Pioneer woman

I am going to take a break from our regularly scheduled blogging to rave about someone who I have come to idolize over the past few weeks: Pioneer Woman.

This woman is fricking genius.

Seriously.

I aspire to be just like her in a couple of years…with a little Asian flavor of course. Though I don’t know if I can quite pull off the fabulous red hair and I’m quite sure that Justin would not appreciate being called Marlboro man. With all that aside, I can rock the stick straight brown hair and call him “Xbox man”.

Sounds kind of geeky you say?

Too bad, I can’t think of anything better. From here on out, Justin will formally be known as Xbox man.

Donovan will hence forth be called “Messy boy”. Simply because he is always in some state of a mess, peanut butter and jelly are the usual suspect. I find things in his hair at bath time that I don’t even remember feeding him. I don’t know where that boy gets his genes from….I’m going to go with Xbox man.

I can’t think of some trendy, catchy name like “Pioneer Woman” for myself. I’ll need suggestions. Until then, I will just sign everything “Sleep deprived, coffee loving, overworked, underpaid, mother of one; formally known as “OH NO!” Please someone give me some suggestions, that’s a pain the patootie to type all of that.

And while I don’t live on some fabulous cattle ranch with horses and dogs, I do live on a quarter acre behind Barnes and Nobles. As for the cattle, I will settle on trying to corral bipolar horse (aka: Sailor), one 14 month old boy, fat cat (Maui), and crazy (Pele). So in my own suburban fashion, I do kind of live on a ranch.

Not really. But I do aspire to be like her. In all her awesomeness.

I’m making red onion and prosciutto pizza tomorrow, for messy boy and Xbox man.

See, its already started.

Signing off,
Sleep deprived, coffee loving, overworked, underpaid, mother of one; formally known as “OH NO!”

No comments:

Post a Comment